Vantage Successfully Transported Two OOG Shipments For Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Railway Bridge Construction Project
Vantage Project continues to demonstrate its expertise and experience in the field of project cargo transportation, especially OOG cargo when successfully transporting two oversized shipments for the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib railway bridge construction project in Bangladesh.
The dual-gauge, double-track Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Railway Bridge over the Jamuna River with 4.8km-long will improve rail capacity between the capital and the country’s northwestern regions, is expected to be the largest dedicated rail bridge in the country. The $1.98bn project is slated for completion by 2025.
- Commodity: Steel pipe sheet pile + accessories
- Service providing: loading on board and sea transportation by Break Bulk (fully loaded) to destination port in Bangladesh.
- Volume: 267 steel pipes and 13 packages of accessories, in which the longest pipe is up to 26.7m
- Total gross weight: 23,000CMB, vessel capacity of 14,000dwt (fully loaded)
- Project time: 03/10/2021
- Volume: 323 steel pipes and 14 packages of accessories, of which the longest pipe is up to 26.7m
- Total gross weight: 27,000CMB, vessel capacity of 17,800dwt (fully loaded)
- Shipment time: October 27, 2021
Another difficulty that cannot be ignored is that both shipments were handled during the complicated situation of the Covid epidemic, so that the project management team from Vantage had to direct remotely, this requires close coordination with the port supervisor to ensure the safe and smooth completion of loading on board.
Being able to mobilize 2 Break Bulk ships in a short period of time to promptly serve customers' needs and ensure the goods be transported safely and on schedule of customers' projects is the result of the efforts of the entire staff of Vantage Project, as well as proving the capacity of Vantage Logistics in the field of project cargo transportation, especially during the period that be huge impacted by the Covid epidemic as present.