Vantage Successful Handled A Super Huge Shipment For Adani Wind Power Project
It recently handled the overland movement of eight GE 3.4MW wind turbines from the port of Cam Ranh in Vietnam’s Khanh Hoa province to a job site in Ninh Thuan province.
Overall about the Project:
To add to these challenges, the port of discharge of the shipment was jammed with cargo for other wind power projects.
This project included eight turbines and its accessories, of which, each turbine set included the turbine head (or nacelle), various tower sections, tower base, blades and various other large and heavy parts.
Vantage’s Scope of works:
Vantage undertook the master list application, Customs clearance, the preparation of storage areas as required at the job site, the movement of the turbines by truck to their destination and crane operation for loading and discharging as required.
- Consulting with authorities at the port of discharge to minimize the effects of the congestion at the port
- Constructing temporary yards to store goods near the job site, in order to save time and transportation costs
- Liaising with the appropriate Vietnamese Customs Department on Customs clearance and post-inspection
- Putting in place the appropriate resources such as transport equipment, lifting and unloading equipment and cranes
A total of 92 truck journeys were required to haul the turbines from Cam Ranh city to the job site at Ninh Thuan province. A combination of multi-axle low-bed trailers were employed to move the equipment, such as:
- 4/6/8 axels low-bed trailers to transport hubs and towers
- 12 axels low-bed trailers to transport machine heads
- 52m extendable trailers to transport blades
- Flat bed / 3 axels low-bed trailers to transport other pieces
This project brings together experienced and professional personnel for the job, including construction engineers, transportation engineers, project managers at construction sites and ports, vehicle dispatchers and health and safety managers; as well as ensure HSE for all participants such as Covid test 3 3days/time, tool box meeting before every transportation journey.
This job represented the first time that Vantage had been chosen as a subcontractor by Adani, and the customer was delighted with Vantage Project’s performance. Indeed, Adani has confirmed in the project completion certificate that, “The subcontract works performed by Vantage Logistics Corporation have been done [to] high standards of professionalism, quality and dedication which met our very tight delivery schedule.”