Vantage Continues Successfully Transporting Three OOG Shipments For Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Railway Bridge Construction Project
Following the success of transporting 2 OOG shipments for a railway bridge construction project in Bangladesh, Vantage was trusted by the investor and agent to deliver 3 shipments with a total volume of up to 64,500CBM belonging to the same project.
The dual-gauge, double-track Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Railway Bridge over the Jamuna River with 4.8km-long will improve rail capacity between the capital and the country’s northwestern regions, is expected to be the largest dedicated rail bridge in the country. The $1.98bn project is slated for completion by 2025.
- Commodity: Steel pipe sheet pile + accessories, of which the longest unit is up to 26.7mL
- Service providing: loading on board and sea transportation by Break Bulk (fully loaded) to destination port in Bangladesh.
- Volume: 283 steel pipes + 13 packages accessories
- Gross weight: 4,587.479 Tons / 24,000 CBM / vessel capacity of 17,800dwt (fully loaded)
- Shipment time: 15th Dec 2021
- Volume: 221 steel pipes + 13 packages accessories
- Gross Weight: 3,296.541 Tons / 19,000 CBM / vessel capacity of 10,126dwt (fully loaded)
- Shipment time: 4th Jan 2022
- Volume: 252 steel pipes + 13 packages accessories
- Gross Weight: 3,942.101 Tons / 21,500 CBM / vessel capacity of 17,800 dwt (fully loaded)
- Shipment time: 17th Feb 2022
At the same time, because the goods are located in two different yards (1 in the yard at SITV port, the other in 3km from the port), so Vantage Logistics’ team of supervisors and engineers must coordinate intelligently, closely connected to each other to ensure the order of picking up goods at the right yard and loading on the ship as planned.