Migration of container terminal operations from Doha to the new Hamad port from 1 Dec 2016
Qatar Ports Management Company advised about the migration of all container terminal operations from Doha port to the new Hamad port effective 1 December 2016.
For future sea shipments executed for Doha Qatar, Hamad Port (QAHMD) will be named as port of destination instead of Doha Port.
Important details outlined as below:
- To start receiving full and empty containers from 23 November 2016, 6:00 AM. The shift operates 24*7.
- Stevedoring and handling of imported containers effective from 1 December 2016, 12:00 AM. The shift operates 24*7.
- Last date for receiving export and empty containers is 26 November 2016, 5:00 PM. The shift operates full time until 30 November 2016.
- Last accepted container vessel to berth is on 30 November 2016, 11:59 PM. However, vessels that are under operations at Doha port are requested to complete their procedures.
- Import container delivery is from 1 December 2016, 7:00 AM until 31 December 2016, 2:00 PM. Day shift from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM from Sunday to Thursday.
Please note that as per the port authorities, any cargo or containers that remain at Doha port beyond 30 days of the specified dates will be transferred to an auction committee from 1 January 2017.